Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pompeii


I was originally attracted to the novel Pompeii for two reasons: one because I had always wanted to learn about the historic eruption of Mt. Vesuvius that destroyed Pompeii as well as other cities and because I thought it sounded like the most interesting book on the book list to me. Overall, I think this was quite a good and interesting book however, for the majority of the first half of the book it is mostly set-up and clues that show Mt. Vesuvius is soon to erupt. I also found myself getting confused a lot between the characters insanely similar Greek names. This I found a tad boring, but once the eruption started happening it got interesting. I also think that if I had known more about volcanoes when I read the book that I would have found the first part of it more interesting. When we did our volcano unit we learned about some signs that show a volcano is soon to erupt. I probably would have found the first part more interesting with this information because I would almost be able to discover for myself the clues that meant a volcano was on the rise. Overall, I would say I enjoyed this book and that it was a god read.

No comments:

Post a Comment