Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The World Without Us Book Review


I read this book because I thought it might be kind of like "The Day After Tomorrow" or "2012", but it was very different than I had expected. But, even though it was less about action than I was hoping it was still very interesting. The book appears to be a very long book, but for me it seemed to be a relatively quick read and I am by no means a fast reader. Now that I've given my opinion, I'll actually tell you a little bit about the book. The author of this book, Alan Weisman explains his theory of how Earth is an incredibly resilient planet. He explains how within weeks of the disappearance of humans, major cities would start to crumble. That being said, Weisman's ideas are very radical but that is why the book was so interesting. I highly suggest anybody to read this book even if you aren't an avid reader. You will be hooked pretty quickly.

I would give this book a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment