Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pompeii Book Review


I originally chose this book because I was always interested in roman culture and I also was interested in volcanoes but I knew virtually nothing about the eruption of Vesuvius. The story of the eruption is not the whole book; it’s framed by the story of a young Aquarius. He is the engineer that is responsible for the aqueduct. The main chunk of the book is the water from the aqueduct stops flowing and the towns are left without water. His mission is to fix it. Along the way he has to deal with corrupt government officials, angry Romans and a little bit of forbidden love had to make its way into it at some point. All the while Vesuvius is trying to do everything in its power to warm everyone what is coming. I do recommend this book in the end. I would change some things, but overall I enjoyed it. If you choose to read this, read it because you’re interested in roman culture, and also make sure you have some time because it’s not a short read.

No comments:

Post a Comment