Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Adventure to Europa


I’m off to Europa, one of Jupiter’s many moons. Approximately 2.5 years after takeoff I have finally arrived. The surface, made entirely of ice, made it extremely hard to land. Good thing my landing module was equipped with ice gripping legs, allowing me to land safely. My space suit has been specially designed to withstand temperatures of up to -300 degrees, a little lower than Europa’s surface temperature. My suit is equipped with little blades resembling ice skates, allowing me to move quickly about the surface. My suit also contains removable weights so I don’t have to worry about falling off the moon. After exploring the moon and it’s many craters, I attempted to drill into the surface. Many people believe there is an ocean 100 km below the surface. By drilling deep enough, I found liquid water and maybe even life. All in all, my day on Europe was really exciting, as I became the man who discovered water on an planet other than Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment