Monday, September 14, 2009

Jupiter's Moon Europa


09/09/09 at 0900 hours- Jacqueline Sutherland's journey to Jupiter's Moon Europa:


So I'm pretty psyched to be visiting a moon, which has such a high promise of hosting life. However, because it is a whole two years away by space shuttle, my suitcase is looking a little large. I sure hope that spaceships don't charge additional money for bags weighing over 50 pounds like United...Because Europa has such a thick layer of ice covering its surface, I am packing ice skates to increase my range of mobility. My team and I are also bringing a state of the art drill to drill through the over 1,000 mile deep icy crust…once we have reached the bottom, we plan to put on our snorkels, masks, and fins, not to mention our SUPER DUPER WET SUITS, and emerge ourselves in the largest ocean in the solar system. We are also bringing underwater cameras and video cameras to document our unbelievable experience, which may very well include the first photographs of life outside Earth. Because sunlight is a readily available source of energy, my team and I have designed a revolutionary scientific tool to harness and contain the heat of the sun, and then transfer that heat into pads which we will insert into our spacesuits. This will keep us at a comfortable temperature to ensure we keep our concentration and energy focused. I am very anxious and excited to reach Europa...only 4 more months until we reach our destination!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the spaceship doesn't charge extra for those suitcases! Have fun with those super duper wet suits.

    ReplyDelete