Monday, September 14, 2009

Trip to the Moon






Preparations for my lunar vacation began with my putting on a space suit, to help compensate for the lack of oxygen and atmosphere on our moon. I also pack equipment for collecting samples, and load up a rover to cruise around in. When we finally reach the surface, I take a long look at planet earth and take a picture- a twin of the famous "Earthrise" taken on a much earlier space mission. I step out and glance at the landscape, unchanged for most of its existence. Off in the distance, I can make out what seems to be another mission of astronauts. I find a suitable looking boulder and, making use of the extremely low gravity, launch it at what appears to be Brett Joseph. That taken care of, I have some fun hopping around the surface of our one and only natural satellite. Now its time to break out the moon rover. Outfitted with jet propulsion, it can move in quick bursts to the front, back, sides, and even jump straight up, which makes for great fun in the low gravity. After a trip around the surface while attempting to avoid floating out of orbit, I return to the ship to collect some rock samples for NASA. This done, my work is complete, and we return successfully to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment