Monday, September 14, 2009

Journey to Earths Moon 9/08/09

Exploring the moon we see everyday, but never dream of reaching was incredible. After a three-day journey our high tech rocket landed safely on the moon. The sky was black and the stars were clearly visible. In order to leave the spacecraft I had to put on my space suit to protect me from the heat and cold. I also had to attach a very heavy oxygen tank in order to breath. Even with a lot of heavy equipment walking on the moon was an easy task with the weak force of gravity. In fact, I preferred hopping on the moon to walking.

For fun I tried to jump as high as I could and went much higher then I ever would have on Earth (I probably reached around 12 feet off the ground). Then I decided to play a game of golf and found that my skills had greatly improved, boosting my self-confidence. After playing golf, I started exploring and I noticed the vast amount of craters covering the moon. Meteoroids coming in contact with the moon must have formed the craters over an extremely long period of time. During the day the surface of the moon reached temperatures hotter then boiling water, but when it became night the surface was colder then anyplace on Earth has ever been. At the end of the day I had to head back to my rocket, so I carefully gathered some samples to bring back to Earth. Tired from an amazing day I prepared for the three day journey back to Earth. This has been a day I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment