Monday, September 14, 2009

Will Reedy's trip to the moon


At last I get to set foot on the moon I can see almost every night. When people ask me, "why go to our boring old moon?" and "you can go to any moon, why ours?" I simply tell them that why would we go to other moons before we look at ours more. I also want to look up at the sky each night and know that i was one of the few lucky people to set foot on somewhere other than Earth. To embark on this mission I need some special equipment.including a M space suit for exploring the moon. i am also using a newer version of the landing craft they used on the previous moon missions. Lucky for me, we have already been to our moon so we know what is going to happen when i get there.
the journey to get there were the longest three days of my life. i couldn't wait to set foot on the moon. when i arrived, and stepped on the surface, my foot sunk about half an inch into the dust before hitting solid ground. i was so excited i couldn't believe what i was doing. i was actually walking on the moon! as soon as i let go of the ladder and was actually standing on the moon, i decided to see what it was like to move around. this was something i had wanted to do ever since i was a kid. i tried jumping and immediately felt the lack of gravity. i felt like i was going to fall into space when the low gravity took over, and pulled me back to solid ground again. after my thrilling brush with low gravity i decided it was time for exploring. so i started hoping around the gray landscape. i saw all the old footprints of the men before me and felt the thrill that they must have felt. it was amazing. as i am writing this i have just returned to the ship and am journaling. without exaggeration, it was the greatest experience of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Awsome picture! I think it would be super thrilling to jump on the moon and feel the lack of gravity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would want to make sure your space suit has thermal control. One type used by astronauts from NASA uses liquid cooling and veniliation to maintain an appropriate body temperature.

    ReplyDelete