Monday, September 14, 2009

95 Worlds- Brett Joseph





As I landed on Earth's moon, it occurred to me that I was the first to set foot on this barren rock in almost 40 years. Before I stepped out in my space suit, I paused to reflect on this monumental occasion. The first thing I felt when I reached the rocky surface was a brief sense of floating before slamming into the ground. Then I remembered that the moon has 1/6 the amount of gravity of Earth. Knowing that, I decided to jump around for the rest of the day thinking that it was not only entertaining, but I would be able to get around much easier. I spoke into my headset and told my co-pilot to come down onto the surface, but before he could, I heard yelling in my ear to duck. I did and not a second later, I heard a meteor fly over my head and slam into the surface about 50 feet away. The co-pilot came out of the shuttle with our collection equipment and we went around the surface collecting rock samples to bring back for inspection by NASA. After we were done, we headed back to Earth, making sure to take one final glimpse of our moon.

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you described the feeling someone would have if they were on the moon. Also, the meteorite bit is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRETT YOU ARE A TRUE AMERICAN HERO

    BRAVO SIR

    BRAVO

    ReplyDelete