Monday, September 14, 2009

Greg's Day One


Day one of my journey to Mars is pretty boring, sitting alone in a spaceship without much to do, so I think I'll write. NASA has assignment to go on an exploration of Mars, they had already packed all the necessities such as food and water, thank god. But they allowed for me to bring whatever else I wanted. being a professional, I thought I should bring some lab supplies, though I can't imagine there will be much electricity so I'll have to make do with batteries. I've also brought along a camera to tape as much activity as possible. Most likely it will just be of me doing small tests, and recording data. It will be a pretty difficult planet to traverse because of all the canyons and rocks, plus I have to be super careful of the massive dust storms that are bound to happen. It's a good thing to have a sturdy residence to stay in during those storms. Hopefully it doesn't make my mission short, or worse consume. Though the planet does have its nature storms and what not, I think the coldness/lonelyness is what will really get to me. With temperatures reaching -50C, I'm glad I've packed my highly insulated suit. Hopefully if I return I'll be able to tell my story of how i was the very first person to actually step on another planet. Plan to hear more of my exciting adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Greg! I can't wait to hear more of your exciting adventure! ! ! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete