Monday, September 14, 2009

Andrew's TripTo Eurpoa (95 Worlds Assignment)



I’m heading off for Jupiter’s Europa. I’m just lookin’ at my packing list here. I got to make sure I got everything or else I’m going to die and I’m pretty sure I don’t want that to happen. I got my brand new ice skates (thanks research grant!) because Europa’s surface is practically an ice rink. I also have my ice volcano radar, and my space suit that blocks out radiation (Jupiter’s radiation is insane). Europa, or so I’ve heard, has volcanos that shoot out liquid ice! Whoa. I can barely wrap my mind around that. Oh, yeah, of course I got my camera. It’ll probably freeze but I’ll think of something. It’ll take me a couple years to get there, so I’m going to be sure to bring a comfy pillow for my hypersleep! Once I get there, first and foremost, I have to try my best to make a land plot of it. Considering we have the technology to get to Europa, it’ll be smart to start making a map of the place ASAP. Following coloring time, it’s time to explore. I got to be sure to bring my own air because Europa has a ridiculously thin atmosphere, but then I’d get to skating, looking and mapping the gigantic crevices. I definitely would not want to fall into one of those because apparently, if you were to dig deep enough into the ice sheets you are walking on, there’s a gigantic ocean, the biggest in the solar system? I wanted to go to Europa because of all the planets and moons, this one has one of the highest chances of life. Microorganisms, even more extreme than extremophiles, could be living here. That’s pretty cool if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. I like all the detail you put into this, especially the description of Europa and ice skates part.

    ReplyDelete